Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Help?
Help us spread the word about maCares, share our events & updates through social media accounts with others, volunteer to help at events (if you are local to the Triad), and hold fundraising events. Examples of potential fundraising events could be to team up with a restaurant to hold a Dine for Donations event, hold a bake sale, yard sale, chili cook off, wine tasting, motorcycle ride, a benefit… your imagination is the limit! We would just need to make sure the event you are holding doesn’t require us to register in the state in which you hold the event. Please contact weCare@maCares.org.
How Can I Help If I’m Not in Your Area?
Help us spread the word about maCares, share our events & updates through social media accounts with others, participate in virtual events (like our 2nd Annual Tribute Run/Walk on September 8, 2018 (register here), and hold fundraising events. Examples of potential fundraising events could be to team up with a restaurant to hold a Dine for Donations event, hold a bake sale, yard sale, chili cook off, wine tasting, motorcycle ride, a benefit… your imagination is the limit! We would just need to make sure the event you are holding doesn’t require us to register in the state you hold the event in. Please contact weCare@maCares.org.
How Can Kids Help?
Children can help others by helping maCares with our Pennies for Pups collection. The printable sheets are under our website under the Kids Corner section (http://www.macares.org/kids-corner). Classes can even participate in the Pennies for Pups program by having a contest to see who can raise the most money in a week or month. Be sure to also get your paws on the Certificate of Appreciation for helping us with our Pennies for Pups collection!
How Much Do Service Dogs Impact the Lives of Their Owners?
Some of the ways the service dogs in the maCares & faith Cares Service Dog Support Program help their companions to more actively participate in life are by promoting independence, alerting oncoming seizures or epileptic episodes, promoting balance and stability, retrieving dropped items, diverting attention during flashbacks, helping to cope with migraines, dizziness, anxiety, stress, nightmares, and simply by being a dependable, loyal, loving, and faithful friend.
How Can I Sponsor a Service Dog Team or Rescued Animal?
To sponsor a service dog team or rescued animal, please make a donation at www.maCares.org under the “Please Donate” button. Every penny counts!
- A $10 donation sponsors the daily care (food, treats, supplies) a service dog needs for 4 days.
- A $25 donation sponsors heartworm and flea & tick preventative care a service dog needs for 1 month.
- A $50 donation sponsors an average grooming session for a service dog.
- A $100 donation sponsors basic medical work, vaccinations, microchipping, and neuter/spay surgery for one rescued cat.
- A $200 donation sponsors a veterinary medical exam and vaccinations for a service dog for 1 year.
- A $500 donation sponsors the cost of the average additional medical needs – such as heartworm treatment, orthopedic surgery, or advanced disease care for a rescued animal.
- A $1,000 donation sponsors basic medical work, vaccines, feed, hay, and supplements for one rescued horse.
- In addition to the above expenses, maCares also sponsors re-certification training for the service dog teams and therapy sessions for the faith Cares veterans. Please donate any amount to help sponsor any of these expenses.
Where Does My Donation Go?
An astounding 98% of all proceeds (due to bank transaction processing fee, government fees and business supplies) benefit the maCares initiatives:
- the maCares’ Service Dog Support Program helps cover the continual care costs for service dogs assisting those who have physical, neurological, and/or medical challenges
- faith Cares, a veteran-exclusive level within our Service Dog Support Program, helps cover the continual care costs for service dogs assisting veterans with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and/or Traumatic Brain Injury
- the maCares Animal Relief and Emergency Services Fund (maC.A.R.E.S. Fund) helps with the cost of emergency services and special care needed for rescued animals in association with a local animal rescue group
We have no administrative overhead costs due to the generous support of our corporate sponsor, Market America & SHOP.COM.
How Can I Request Assistance?
If you live within 2 hours of Greensboro, NC and have an ADI accredited service dog or a Service Dog Training Facility you would like maCares to consider approving, please contact weCare@maCares.org for information on how to apply for the maCares & faith Cares Service Dog Support Program.
How Can I Request A Service Dog Team Visit my School/Church/Organization?
If you are located in the Triad, please contact weCare@maCares.org with your requested date of time to begin the scheduling process.